Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Moderator Applications

Go down 
+6
The Dread Lord
hearse
Fenix
Eon
Titus Arkhan
Mugetsu
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mugetsu
Head Admin
Head Admin
Mugetsu

Awesomeness Points : 14808

Characters
RPC's:

Moderator Applications Empty
PostSubject: Moderator Applications   Moderator Applications Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 7:10 pm

We are always open to people who may want to help out around here. ^_^ If you're interested, follow the template and post in this topic.

Code:
Why you want to be a mod:
How updated you are to the Bleach manga:
Any experience moderating websites:
What you could bring to the site:
Role-play experience:
How active you can be:
Additional comments:

Note that if you have ever had a major screw-up here, I'll be less likely to consider you. Moderators need to set an example for everyone else, and they also need to know what's up around here. If you don't have a good understanding of how this site works, do not apply. I am very picky about who I choose, and since moderators have some power here, they need to be trustworthy.

*Side note: Moderators do not have access to the administration panel.

Last edited by Mugetsu on Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://bleacheoorp.rpg-board.net
Titus Arkhan
Academy Student
Titus Arkhan

Awesomeness Points : 4557

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Applications   Moderator Applications Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 2:59 am

Why you want to be a mod: Because this site needs clean up.. And standards for some things are terribly low.
How updated you are to the Bleach manga: ... Extremely. Gotta love how they killed Hueco Mundo forever. Tite is a bitch.
Any experience moderating websites: I make forums~ Dedado. Doesn't mean they're successful.
What you could bring to the site: Organisation. Decent App Reviews. Etc.
Role-play experience: Most of my small life~
How active you can be: Everyday if needed and by that I mean all my free time meaning when I'm on the Computer.
Additional comments: I like Trains.
Back to top Go down
Mugetsu
Head Admin
Head Admin
Mugetsu

Characters
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Applications   Moderator Applications Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 7:39 am

Just so you know, I am not having this site changed into something like the other rpg sites, it's supposed to be different; following somewhat of a group structure. I've never had anyone complain about the organization or the standards. But, we will consider your application.
Back to top Go down
Titus Arkhan
Academy Student
Titus Arkhan

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Applications   Moderator Applications Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 8:58 am

Understandable but I've seen a few powers on this site that could be considered overpowered. Not to mention some members with consistent posts of two paragraphs maximum. What I ask from you Mugestu as a head admin what are you doing to help improve peoples roleplaying skill. I'm not complaining I think what you have is great I just think if some things were changed for example additional boards than single threads and approved applications in a separate forum to to-do applications and that your rank should meet majority of the posts you make not just your try-out.
It would push people to improve their writing ability and how they roleplay.
Back to top Go down
Mugetsu
Head Admin
Head Admin
Mugetsu

Characters
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Applications   Moderator Applications Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 9:02 am

Yeah, I get all of that, but, it's nearly impossible to get people to post more. o.e And if we waited for people who post like 100 words each time, we'd never get even half of the spots filled.

After I discuss with the other staff, I might give you a trial run.
Back to top Go down
Mugetsu
Head Admin
Head Admin
Mugetsu

Characters
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Applications   Moderator Applications Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 9:08 am

And about the additional board thing, I would have definitely done that if I'd known how to before. I do now, but if I went and converted everything to be like that now, I'd have to delete a multitude of posts, which would not be cool considering that people worked hard on them. :/
Back to top Go down
Titus Arkhan
Academy Student
Titus Arkhan

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Applications   Moderator Applications Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 9:11 am

You misinterpreted me. The posting rate is fine it's average roleplay forum blah. What I meant is that the length of the posts especially for A and B in particular but also c should be longer. 200-300 words I would expect for a C rank to fall back on and a B to sometimes do but A? A ranks should be posting 500 words minimum (excuse me if Im wrong. But eh what I've seen of B ranks isn't impressive and they are captain and Espada. Heck it's up to you Im just suggesting stuff and Im tired + on my cell.
Back to top Go down
Mugetsu
Head Admin
Head Admin
Mugetsu

Characters
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Applications   Moderator Applications Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 9:15 am

Meant 1000, not 100. I'm tired + on my cell too. :'D

I would love to enforce that word count idea, but there's really no way we can. I don't have access to a computer most of the time now because of extenuating circumstances, and the other staff members don't have the time for that either. :/ I could say a minimum of 3-4 paragraphs, but then people could go and do ridiculously small paragraphs. x.x
Back to top Go down
Titus Arkhan
Academy Student
Titus Arkhan

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Applications   Moderator Applications Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 9:19 am

Points = word count. or every so many words = a tiny point and ten or so tiny points = a point. Derp. Idk big small short tall blah.
You could create the boards now and gradually switch over but keep the threads archived.
Back to top Go down
Mugetsu
Head Admin
Head Admin
Mugetsu

Characters
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Applications   Moderator Applications Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 9:22 am

I could. o.o Well later on, I'm sure we can discuss all of this in the mod forum. ^^
Back to top Go down
Eon
Eon

Awesomeness Points : 5499

Characters
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Applications   Moderator Applications Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 8:07 pm

Why you want to be a mod: I'd like to help make sure things move smoothly and that the site prospers greatly. ^_^
How updated you are to the Bleach manga: In the manga... I normally watch Bleach. I've missed some of the filler arcs, watched all of the movies, and I'm up to the Karakura Town battle between Espada and Shinigami, though I have watched battle scenes and stuff and I know all that really happens. XD I like spoilers. Anyways. I've read all of the manga from the beginning of the Fullbringer arc to the current chapters.
Any experience moderating websites: I've been a moderator and admin in the past, but as of late I haven't really been doing it due to some past computer problems.
What you could bring to the site: I can bring a smooth, near 24/7 staff help since I'm on for all but maybe 5 hours a day. XD Which is when I'm sleeping. I can help judge fights in case there are any disputes among people or for giving points, as combat is my specialty. And I can help with fixing boards if they are ever adjusted. There is after all a way you can do it without deleting thing (from your conversation with Titus). I am rather versatile in what I can do, and if I don't know something... Well, I'm able to learn it real quick. I can do anything that is needed to be done.
Role-play experience: I've been roleplaying since I was 11, so 8+ years of experience.
How active you can be: As I stated before, I'm on nearly 24/7 except when I'm asleep.
Additional comments: >.< SO MANY DOGS IN MEH HOUSE! x.x Got 5 dogs here right now. 2 are min, 1 is my uncles, 1 is my grandmothers, and 1 is the neighbors who I'm puppysitting. God can they be a handful. x.x Lol.
Back to top Go down
Mugetsu
Head Admin
Head Admin
Mugetsu

Characters
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Applications   Moderator Applications Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 8:09 pm

~Yay, dogs, lol. o.o Anyways, we will consider your application, and probably, put you on trial by tomorrow. ^^
Back to top Go down
Fenix
Plus
Fenix

Awesomeness Points : 4376

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Applications   Moderator Applications Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 7:34 pm

Why you want to be a mod: So I can aid in making the site a more fun place. I have experience in going into other sites and I usually give a good opinion on whether or not they are a good site.
How updated you are to the Bleach manga: To be honest, I'm still watching it. But with how much I watch a day, I should be caught up in a week.
Any experience moderating websites: None, but I have helped run a few sites a small bit.
What you could bring to the site: I could help everyone find other sites to affiliate with and I enjoy writing to. So I could probably help or write your guys' stories.
Role-play experience: I have been on so many Role-Playing things its kind of creepy.
How active you can be: I get on my Role-Playing sites almost 24/7, except for school and eating.
Additional comments: I hope you consider me. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mugetsu
Head Admin
Head Admin
Mugetsu

Characters
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Applications   Moderator Applications Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 7:42 pm

We already have two mods on trial right now, so we're currently not in any immediate need, but if either of them don't pass, you will be considered for a trial. ^^
Back to top Go down
Fenix
Plus
Fenix

Awesomeness Points : 4376

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Applications   Moderator Applications Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 10:10 pm

Ok, just get me if they don't. I'm usually in chat. Thanks for considering.
Back to top Go down
Mugetsu
Head Admin
Head Admin
Mugetsu

Characters
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Applications   Moderator Applications Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 10:15 pm

Yeah, but if you don't actually RP here, there's no point making you a mod. :/ I only take people who are serious about keeping this going.
Back to top Go down
hearse
Seated Officer

Awesomeness Points : 4773

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Applications   Moderator Applications Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 4:54 pm

Let me know if you need more help Hash k?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Applications   Moderator Applications Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 9:28 am

Why you want to be a mod: I want to be a mod because I want to help more with moderating then just sitting around and doing nothing.

How updated you are to the Bleach manga: Very update ^^

Any experience moderating websites:Yes. Use to be a Co-admin for this site. I have run another site 6 years ago but that site is now closed.

What you could bring to the site: I can try and bring more members to this sit. A;so, I will try to cut down all the drama that seems to pass through here time to time.

Role-play experience: I technically started role-playing almost ten years ago but that was mostly on and off. I really didn't start role-playing a consant pace till 6 years ago.

How active you can be: I can be very active just as long as I dont have too much homework and my papers are not going to take me a life time to deviler.

Additional comments: Hope you consider me and Hash is Sexy XDD
Back to top Go down
Mugetsu
Head Admin
Head Admin
Mugetsu

Characters
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Applications   Moderator Applications Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 9:32 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Applications   Moderator Applications Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 9:54 am

XDD Kk. Thanks. ^^
Back to top Go down
The Dread Lord
Unseated Officer
The Dread Lord

Awesomeness Points : 4604

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Applications   Moderator Applications Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 5:29 am

Why you want to be a mod:
I want to be a mod because, to be honest, I'm a mod more than half the time and it feels weird not to be. Also I like to help people out (in my own unique way) and answer questions. Lastly I have quickly fallen in love with your site, I want to have a hand in raising her (cries).

How updated you are to the Bleach manga:
I'ma be honest here like everywhere else. I haven't read a single page of any Bleach manga. Not to say I don't know anything about it though. I pay attention to other people's convos, hahaha!

Any experience moderating websites:
Yup, yup. I was actually a mod on the first site I was one back when I was just a wee lad. Fittingly, it was a Bleach themed site. After that, back in the days of MSN Groups, that site broke up into about five seperate sites. I was a mod on four of those and an Admin of the fifth. The four I was modding at were Bleach themes as well, the fifth was some stuff I made up. I've also done a fair bit of madding on Invision Free here in the more recent days. I've also made some rather impressive site flops on Invision, never caught on.

What you could bring to the site:
I could bring my serious experience to whatever task I happen to be set doing (Though don't have me look over characters. I have a bad idea of what is acceptable). Not to mention I am highly active as long as I have something to do. I'm great at dealing with rule breakers (I break zem) and hard as iron when it comes to fairness. Also, I've got more than I'd care to say about fighting rp experience so I'd be excellent at judging fights. Oh, also, in case you were wondering I'm detail oriented and retain a buh-jeezus amount of info. Plus, I'm just awesome too.

Role-play experience:
I've doing it for around a decade. The only reason I stop is because a site I'm on dies or sucks. I love fight rps and seek them out. I love romance rps and seek them out. Ah hell I love every kind of rp. I have no limit to what i will do. I'm advanced but not the best spller, however, Google Chrome has spell check (Score).

How active you can be:
Very active. Especially since school is coming to a close I won't have to worry about my pesky education getting in the way of me liberally swinging my ban-hammer! (Just kiddin' about the hammer bit)

Additional comments:
I know you've got a full roster, but, maybe this will change your mind....

I'm not just smart guys, I'm a MENSA.
So healthy I'm made of Polenta.
Not expensive and I taste great.
I'll help you lose weight.
Lames can't hate.
I'm a boat, the boat's ship shape.
Wish we could date? So tip-top.
I'm magic and amazing, and I won the Civil War, single handedly for the North.
So hip-hop.
All the mortal competitors gotta go
I'm hotter than a hobinero pepper in a lava flow.
I'm starting like an epidemic,
and you better get me or I'm gonna get AIDS.

EH!? Whadduh ya think?
Back to top Go down
Mugetsu
Head Admin
Head Admin
Mugetsu

Characters
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Applications   Moderator Applications Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 6:40 am

I will put you on trial. xD You'll notice that you now have access to the staff forum
Back to top Go down
Mugetsu
Head Admin
Head Admin
Mugetsu

Characters
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Applications   Moderator Applications Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 7:50 am

Forgot to add this because I was half asleep, but the trial is a week long, and during that period, you must make an impression and stay active or you will lose the position. Examples of things you can do to start off are advertising using the ad displayed in the affiliations forun, making sure to keep people entertained in the Xat/chatbox/OOC if they're alone or something, welcome and help any new members, and join in on the discussions in the staff forum when you have something to say. Or if someone acts out, put them in line. Of course, you have to still keep this up after you get the position. ^^

You won't be grading fights though. After some trouble getting staff to actually do any grading, we decided that now only admins do the grading. :/
Back to top Go down
The Dread Lord
Unseated Officer
The Dread Lord

Awesomeness Points : 4604

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Applications   Moderator Applications Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 8:40 am

No fight grading makes my cry. The rest is Bawss.
Back to top Go down
Mugetsu
Head Admin
Head Admin
Mugetsu

Characters
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Applications   Moderator Applications Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 1:59 pm

Notification: We are still looking for active moderators.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Applications   Moderator Applications Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Moderator Applications
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Important :: News/Announcements-
Jump to: