Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Help Requested in building an original RP

Go down 
AuthorMessage
SparkyM

Help Requested in building an original RP Empty
PostSubject: Help Requested in building an original RP   Help Requested in building an original RP Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 10:48 pm

----IF YOU SEE THIS AD ON YOUR SITE IT IS ALRIGHT TO POST AN AD ON OURS, AS WE ARE NOT OPEN AND NOT ALLOWING ADS AT PRESENT OTHERWISE BUT ARE SEEKING HELP----

***we are good on plot people but none at present have good admin skills, I think. We also desperately need a person who can do visuals and can work a few basic stat numbers***

So, essentially, I'm kinda bored, and I have almost nothing to do with my time, so I decided to try and make another roleplay. Here are the specifics, but the issue is I know I'm going to need help with it since I like the responsibility and maturity required to be an admin. So, I'm copying & pasting my help request sheet. I'm not making it til I am sure of help, though.

Name of RPG or Website: After the Pulse
Website/RPG URL: HTTP://W11.ZETABOARDS.COM/AFTER_THE_PULSE/INDEX/
Opening Date: When it's decided upon
Short Info about the RPG: Okay, so every now and again I get bored and try to start an rp off a story I've been writing. I'm about to try something different yet along the same lines.

Essentially, here's the situation where it starts: I'm putting it after a set time, like maybe a year or two, but before that time there was seen a black pulsing light shooting through the sky, and the next second everybody forgot their names, histories, what they are, who they were, everything. They still had their skills and social functions, and know how to do stuff, but they didn't remember they knew how to do that stuff. Over the next few days, it was discovered there's no written information about the past, either, before what people are starting to call the Abyssal Pulse (stereotypical but it works)

However, a few things have been discovered as truths:

1. Most races are being referred to as Demons because they are all elementally aligned to one of nine properties: Fire, Water, Earth, Ice, Light, Dark, Plant, Air, or Lightning/Electric.

2. Most have special or abnormal powers to what humans can do, but there are only certain techniques that can be used.

3. There are corpses scattered in many places throughout the world. In other words, the Pulse was used to rid the world of some sort of massive war that was going on, but since nobody remembers the war or the reason for the war, the people who have tried to figure it out have started people fighting again out of blame.

4. All races are based off something. Animals, plants, or objects.

5. There are several groups of ambitious people who want to rule the new world as it's been set.

6. Some demons do not age past a certain point.

So essentially, the main point is partially a race to gain control over the new world or to establish some kind of order and, for those interested, to figure out what happened.

Many aspects of this are negotiable. Things that are not negotiable:

1. No actual pictures of people, famous, yourself, or randomly from the internet.

2. No basing characters off anime/manga/tv show characters.

3. This is before almost any of my actual characters come into play. There are five cannons, POSSIBLY, though i don't intend to have them be overly important/influential, merely plot devices.

Requested Position(s): I'm going to need another admin (I lack strategical organizing or effective command skills), a couple mods, at least one graphics person, maybe an advertiser when we're close (or closer) to being done, and a person who can help work out some really basic stats

Information: I would prefer that all applicants have skype, which is a free program, just a mix between an instant messenger program (for the most part) and an email bit. This is for easier communication between members. However, this is NOT a requirement.

Edit One: Oki, I have a bit more time today, so I'll add in a few things I've been thinking.

One site I was at had stats, that'd be cool, except I don't have the mathematical smarts to come up with them or to balance them. I have so much trouble with math that for me seven plus eight usually comes out fourteen. I....wait, hang on a sec *checks math* Oki, I was right, that was wrong.

Anyways, typical stats would be something like strength, speed, and then something like ability count, which would be for fights and stuff, like you can only use so many abilities or spells, like, "oki, I have 20 points, a fireball is 5, a flame bolt is 6, a flame wave is 7.....oh, wait, I have this much control, so I can take a point off for usage cost, so it'd actually be a fireball is 4, a flame bolt is 5, and a flame wave is 6..." because I think that'd be cool. There'd be a set amount of abilities useable per fight and per thread seperately, because of combat things making stuff more hectic and difficulty focusing, and the stats would be out of eight, I suppose, maybe something like strength, speed, control and ability usage (this one would be measured by 10's, not 1's), maybe stamina for how much of a hit you could take, and then if everybody is elementally alligned, a damage reduction stat taken from abilities of that element, but added toward elements you're weak against? I dunno.... I just thought it'd be summat awesome.

Also, of course, while I would encourage non-elemental abilities and originality, the elemental abilities would have strengths and weaknesses, and you could only have elemental abilities you weren't strong or weak against. Like, Fire would be unable to have Earth, Ice, Water, or Plant as well, and Light would be unable to have Dark, and Air couldn't have Lightning or Plant.

Also, the reason I need other staff members is because while I am good at ideas, I am sadly lacking in the ambitious or administrative mindsets as well as I am a bit lenient about things...as in I have extreme difficulty bringing myself to punish people for breaking rules.....
Back to top Go down
Mugetsu
Head Admin
Head Admin
Mugetsu

Awesomeness Points : 14837

Characters
RPC's:

Help Requested in building an original RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Requested in building an original RP   Help Requested in building an original RP Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 11:00 pm

This is where you advertise forums, not try to recruit staff members... go to RPG-Directory. They have an actual forum for that. This topic will be moved momentarily.
Back to top Go down
https://bleacheoorp.rpg-board.net

Help Requested in building an original RP
Page 1 of 1